Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Ethnic Arts Festival

This past weekend I attended the Ethnic Arts Festival on campus. I thought it was very interesting, but I thought that last year was better. I was unable to attend the night performances, but I did get to see the booth displays in the afternoon. I think that event such as this are important in education because it shows students the fun and interesting things about other nations in a short amount of time. The one downside was that, as far as Luther goes, attendance was not mandatory. Also, the fair was basically what you want to make of it. If you stop and ask questions at the booths and actually take time to look at things you can learn a lot, but it is also easy, not to mention tempting, to pass each booth by with a short glance and end up learning nothing.

As important as I think the Ethnic Arts Fair was, I also feel like it is one of those "Little C's", that it is something fun for students, but that it's about the equivalent of having a Taco Tuesday in class.

No comments: